Our Grantmaking Team is right now embarking on their third round of grantmaking in the last year (!). With the team busy reading applications, we also want to share another way to contribute to DC Fund.
If you’d like to continue supporting our 45 grantees (from 2011 and 2012) and our future grantees – First, as a reminder, you can continue to donate to DC Fund. Our grantees are invited to apply for another grant starting one year after they’ve won their first award, and we hope to be able to offer even more repeat grants in future rounds.
Second, today we’re introducing Part 1 of our Enlace-Link project. (Part 2 coming soon.)
Through the Enlace-Link volunteer program, volunteers (maybe you?) will provide DC Fund grantee organizations with support based on mutual skills and interests, to continue the DC Fund’s mission of resourcing grassroots DC projects led by people of color.
You’ll be helping with gardening, office work, outreach at events, social media, fundraising, working with young people, and more! Volunteers will be matched with organizations and will participate in an orientation program.
Could this be a good opportunity for you? Are you:
1. Excited to lend your talents as part of grassroots community work led by people of color?
2. Able to commit to between 2 to 4 hours a week for at least six months?
If you’re interested in volunteering, write to Emil at email@example.com answering the following questions:
1) Name and the best ways to reach you
2) Why volunteer through the DC Fund? What about the vision of the Fund or the work of grantees is exciting to you?
3) What are some skills or talents that you have that you could use to support the organization that you work with?
4) What are you interested in learning or gaining from this experience?