- Rooted in/committed to DC?
- Passionate about expanding social and racial justice in the city?
- Interested in challenging existing models of philanthropy and resource distribution?
If so, then help us connect people and resources for a more just and vibrant DC by joining our Board of Instigators!
Who are we looking for?
The Board of Instigators (BOI) is multi-racial, and we seek both white candidates and candidates of color (we are seeking to increase our racial diversity beyond black/white). We strongly encourage current and former grantees, Grantmaking Team members, and donors to apply. Other axes of intersectionality that we are looking for include:
- Socioeconomic diversity
- Folks with deep roots in neighborhoods in SE and NE
- LGBTQ+ community members
- Younger applicants (ages 18-30)
How to apply
If you are interested in joining the BOI, please send a resume/CV or bio AND a Statement of Interest to firstname.lastname@example.org. The Statement of Interest should answer the following questions:
- What draws you to the Diverse City Fund?
- How does the work of the Diverse City Fund connect to your values about resource
distribution, racial and economic justice, and social change?
- Tell us a bit about the work (personally, professionally or some combination of the two)
you are doing to support and enhance social justice in Washington, DC?
- What superpower would you bring your work with the Diverse City Fund? (For example:
Creativity? Networks? Organizing skills? Finance? Organizational management?
Communications skills? Event planning? Fundraising experience?)
- Help us dream of the world we’d like to see. What is your vision of a more just DC?
Applications are due by 11:59pm on October 1, 2019. We welcome multi-racial candidates, and strongly encourage current and former grantees, Grantmaking Team members, and donors to apply.
If interested, we encourage you to apply. We also ask that you share this announcement with your networks. For more information, check out the resources below.
If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact Diverse City Fund at email@example.com