This summer, as we all continue to respond and adapt to the devastating impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic, Diverse City Fund is focusing on providing resources to vulnerable communities, those living at the intersections of multiple forms of oppression.
As part of our summer grant round, organizations and groups engaged in COVID-19 response work led by and serving justice-involved individuals, returning citizens, and their families are eligible to apply for up to $25,000.
Applications due 11:59 PM on Friday, August 7.
Organizations eligible for this grant round, must:
- be based in Washington, DC and primarily serve DC residents.
- be led by and serve primarily people of color.
- have a specific focus on supporting justice-involved persons, returning citizens, and their families.
- be engaged in COVID-19 response work. This work can include advocacy and organizing, direct service, and mutual aid.
- NOT have received COVID-19 response funding from Open Society Foundation.
Special priority will be given to organizations that:
- are led by returning citizens/formerly incarcerated people.
For eligibility questions or application support, please reach out to our Program Director, Rubie Coles at email@example.com.